Saturday 4 January 2014

Winter Blues

Morning LIMettes... Firstly I'd like to wish you all a Happy New Year and apologise for my lack of visiting you all.  The holiday period was far more hectic than I ever imagined and I didn't really get much time for crafting of any sort.

It's a new month at Less Is More which also means we have a New Sponsor and I am delighted to say that my lovely friend and fellow LIMette, Lizy, is Sponsoring us this month.  The Prize is a £15 Gift Voucher to spend on Stampin Up.

Anyhow, onto this weeks challenge... It's a colour challenge and we have chosen


Winter Blues
Here are my cards...

For the first card I coloured some Embossing Paste with Chipped Sapphire Embossing Paste. I also used a piece of card with the same colour blended to cut out the sentiment.


I simply stamped a bit of ink onto my mat and then mixed in some White Matte Embossing Paste from Dreamweaver.

I then mixed it together a bit.  I did try for a slightly marbled effect but the more you work it the more it mixes.


Any that was left I put into a little bag.  Fingers crossed I can use it again, although I'll know to do a lot less next time


Card Recipe:
Mask: Simon Says Stamp
Baby Die: Simon Says Stamp
Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink Pad


For this card I simply layered banners following the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. So glad I didn't miss this one as love it!!


Inspiration:
Freshly Made Sketches: #117

Card Recipe:
DPs & Paper: Stampin Up In Baja Breeze (Retired Colour)
Sentiment: Clearly Besotted

That's all from me today.. I'll catch up with you tomorrow as it's off to the gym, getting the car cleaned and then a crafty evening with Lizy.


26 comments:

  1. Stunning designs Jen. So love the embossing paste on the first and the colourful banners on the second.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dimension and yummy texture on your first card, Jen ... the second's so wonderfully cool and CAS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning sweetie these are both stunning, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this week's inspiration photo Jen and I love these two creations. I'm off to have a look at that Dreamweaver embossing paste. It looks like fun!!! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossing paste... now on my wish list! Fabby cards hun, enjoy your weekend, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jen I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first card!! and what a great idea colouring the paste with distress inks! great second card too! hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Jen! I love how you've used the embossing paste on the first one, and I love the CAS perfection of the second one. You always do CAS so beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi zjen
    Fabulous card... Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such a tidy worker!! Love the paste idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jen, love love love these will have to have a play with my embossing paste. Hopefully have some time tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved seeing how easy it is to colour the embossing paste. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Utterly gorgeous as always hun...and wishing you a very happy new year too....:o)

    biggest of hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are truly gorgeous cards

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still learning about that embossing paste.....looks wonderful! And your banner card is as sweet as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely and different baby card Jen. I love it
    Love Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colored embossing paste! Looks awesome on your card!! Beautiful card!!
    And i love the second one as well!! Pretty papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great use of the paste - love how you tinted it
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards Jen! That embossing paste looks complicated...hmmm....I think I am going to require lessons!!!! Love the clean white background and the stitching on your card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, Jen! Thank you for sharing the how-to!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards Jen, I so love using paste and stencils and yours are an inspiration.
    Happy New Year!! (I know I am late)

    ReplyDelete
  21. They look great Jen xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. You stepped right out of the box with your first card Jen! I love it! The second is beautiful too - I love a stitched cluster of banners. Hope you enjoyed your crafty evening with Lizy - happy new year! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  23. You stepped right out of the box with your first card Jen! I love it! The second is beautiful too - I love a stitched cluster of banners. Hope you enjoyed your crafty evening with Lizy - happy new year! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  24. You stepped right out of the box with your first card Jen! I love it! The second is beautiful too - I love a stitched cluster of banners. Hope you enjoyed your crafty evening with Lizy - happy new year! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great cards, both. I really love the first one with the paste and spots.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting ... please leave a comment so I can come visit you back...

Jen xxx