Tuesday 5 April 2011

Tortoise and the Hare & GDT for Cupcake Crafts

What an exciting day, I got a message earlier to email Faye at Cupcake Crafts and she asked if I would be Guest DT for May... How cool....I'm so excited!!

Anyhow, onto my card for today... I decided I'd have a go a the "Comedy Challenge" for this weeks Cupcake Crafts, only to find out I didn't really have anything very comical....But I gave it a go...  I've used the sketch from Totally Gorjuss #74 for the layout. Here is the card...



Image is Turtley Yours (yes I know, but I think it looks more like a tortoise being that I've seen a fair few Turtle up close and personal)  from the Retiring section at Pink Petticoat, I picked it out last week when I went looking for leopard print paper.  I've coloured this in with promarkers ( Pear, Marsh, Lime, Aegean, French Navy, Cool Grey 4,5, Cardinal Red).  I've then cut out with a Hex Nestie and added some Glossy Accents to to spots. The Papers are all Pink Petticoat ( Big Fella Collection).  It's finished off with a sentiment printed on PC ( Font: A Little Pot) and a tad of card candy.

I've also entered it into " My partner in Crafting Crime Challenge #24- Layers it Up"


Hope you like it

Jx




8 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Jen! Such a fun image and I love the colours and papers! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and congratulations on your GDT spot:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card for our comedy challenge this week, what a fun and fab image...thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cupcake...good luck :) Donna x

    PS: Looking forward to you GD with us in May :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Image,lovely DP's such a cute card thanks for sharing with us at MPPC good luck. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Thank you for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime-hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine PCC DT -xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun image Jen. Great take on our sketch and thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen. Can't wait to see what you come up with in May. In the meantime, love the sentiment you've put with this cute image, it did make me smile. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for playing along with My Partner in Crafting Crime's 'layer it up' challenge! Good luck with the extra draws!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for playing along with My Partner in Crafting Crime's 'layer it up' challenge! Good luck with the extra draws!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting ... please leave a comment so I can come visit you back...

Jen xxx